Thursday, August 4, 2011

The New Thing I Learned and When I Had Fun!

Each session of the Accelerative Learning workshop is fast-paced and full of new information and new experiences.

The latest research in Neuro-Education proves that new information is permanently acquired when you review it immediately after the learning event, and then just prior to going to sleep.

So we ask you to quickly complete a form at the end of class each day:
"When did you have fun?"
"What was one new thing you learned?"

Then, later that evening, take a moment to think about your day again and answer the same two questions above. You may remember something different from the response you made in class and double your long-term retention of the workshop content!

Now... enter those two new responses in the comments field below this post. Have fun and we'll see you tomorrow!

The ICAL Team



9 comments:

  1. I enjoyed making the posters and being able to work in a group to demonstrate what we had learned in a very concrete and visual manner.

    One new thing that I gained from today was the idea of creating a spiral with our peripheral walls. I had never thought of creating displays like this and thought it was a very interesting concept.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had fun looking at all the creative ways to make a peripheral wall. I learned some new ideas and ways to incorporate the different aspects.

    Funny when you made the "look" that teachers elicit when the topic of lesson plans come up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melissa Said--I thought it was interesting how nature was used to incorporate the peripheral wall.

    I liked the idea of Whip. I could see using it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Andrea Said - - It was interesting to learn so much background information about accelerated learning through the articles. The discussion surrounding the different articles allowed us to dig deeper into our understanding regarding accelerated learning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I learned a lot about accelerative learning from reading and discussing the articles on Tuesday. I also learned more about how to incorporate the ICAL Centers and Projects into my lessons.

    I really enjoyed working with my team to create our Peripheral Wall and learning about my colleagues during the Tic Tac Talk activity on Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoyed seeing everyone come together to teach the mini lessons yesterday. After hearing about accelerated learning all week, it was interesting to see how it was incorporated into lesson planning. Additionally, it also allowed us to learn more about execution using ICAL.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad we discussed more about "centers" and how to set them up in our classroom. This discussion clarified for me the ICAL model of centers and I feel like I can now integrate this in my teaching. Look forward to seeing the walls today!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great week!!!! AL spreading around!!!

    ReplyDelete